Just The Room
10x14 ft space
Heating & A/C
CD Player & 1/8" aux jack
Waiting room w/ couch
Music stand x 1
Folding Chairs x 4 & Stools x 3
One parking space + ample street parking
Add The PA Sound System
Just $9 for any length of session
Behringer 1202 FX mixer
3 x Vocal Microphones
3 x xlr cables
3 x mic stands
Single line array speaker system
• From 12th Ave, turn southbound onto Semlin Dr.
• Turn right into the first lane
• Find the 2nd carport on your right, marked "1976"
Individual instrument practice rooms are almost non-existent. Affordable band practice spaces are a rarity. No spaces are open 24-7.
Introducing the Phonix Studio.
The Phonix Studio is an easily accessible (keyless entry via smartphone app), well-maintained, sound-proofed and welcoming space that is ready for you to practice your instrument in or invite your students to.
Our studio was built by an Art Institute graduate and features ample electrical outlets, acoustic tiles and triple-thick double-insulated angled walls and ceilings for optimum sound deadening and isolation. The room measures about 10ft x 14ft and is a great spot for teaching music lessons or rehearsing with a band from 2-8 people.
What about noise levels?
We are in a residential area. As such we ask that everyone please ONLY MAKE NOISE BETWEEN 9AM AND 10PM.
How do we define noise:
If you can hear what's going on inside the building from outside the building, it's noise.
If you do quieter music, like acoustic guitar, voice, stringed instruments etc, this shouldn't be a problem for you at all. It's basically amplified instruments of all sorts, but especially bass and drums that carry through the walls easily and disturb our neighbours'.
All that said, during our "Noisy" hours, it's always still a good idea to stay respectful of the fact that we are in a residential area. As a general rule, if you have to wear earplugs inside the room, you're probably being too loud for our little space and making some neighbours unhappy. Consider taking out your earplugs and playing softer, or finding a more suitable space for your noise levels.
As a final precaution, please ALWAYS KEEP BOTH STUDIO DOORS TIGHTLY SHUT when you're making sound.
"An awesome place to come 24/7. A clean and professional environment goes a long way when you need to get down to business. With an awesome hourly rate and convenient location, the Phonix studio is my go-to jam space."- Nick Gee, Singer/Songwriter
Our concept is much like that of any car-sharing network. Because you access the building with your smartphone, we don't need to staff it - it's a self-serve operation and all our members help keep the space clean and damage-free. This is how we keep the price so low. It's a concept that just makes sense and will help ease the load on your pocket book.
Try it risk free!
Book the studio and your first hour is on us! Write to us within a week after your booking has ended and we'll refund your first hour! It's that easy :)
Booking for the first time:
|1. Book and Pay|
|2. Complete our paperwork (1)|
|3. Download our keyless-entry app (2)|
|4. Receive an eKey (3)|
|5. Enjoy the studio!|
|1. Book and Pay|
|2. Enjoy the studio!|
(1) We'll need you to read an agree to our Studio Agreement and Handbook. Should there be any hiccups in this process (ie: You don't complete your paperwork 24 hours before your booking start time) or if you don't agree to our terms, we will gladly refund your payment and cancel your booking.
(2) We'll send you instructions to download the free app that you'll need to wirelessly access and unlock our studio door with your smartphone. Don't have a smartphone? Just call us and we'll buzz you in.
(3) We'll send you an eKey that will be specific to your phone and useable for all your future bookings. Contact us if you loose or change phones as we'll need to issue you a new key.