Event Rates & Services
You're planning an event!
We know how important it is that your event be a fun and memorable occasion for your guests. With our blend of classic old school music, there's sure to be a song for everyone during your dance party. We've also got you covered for classy jazz music during your cocktails and dinner.
We strive to be easy to work with by communicating quickly via email or phone, providing detailed contracts and invoices, and of course, delivering the highest calibre of musicianship for an engaging and fun entertainment experience.
Please take brief moment to read and understand the following information so that you are aware of all the awesome perks that come with booking our band!
Hiring us for your event is easy:
- Contact us to check availability
- Choose your package and services
- Complete the contract and pay deposit
- We will send you a questionnaire to gather all your event details
- Once we get your answers, we'll prepare a contract and invoice
- You sign the contract and pay a 25-50% deposit. 25% for bookings in the GVRD and 50% for bookings outside the GVRD.
- Select songs and finalize performance times
- A couple months before the big day, we will send you our current song list for you to choose the songs you'd like us to play
- We'll turn your selections into perfect set lists that will keep your guests dancing all night
- Enjoy the party
That's pretty simple, right?
But what do you get when you hire The Phonix?
Your personalized services include:
- An incredible performance from our highly engaging band, performing all your favourite soul, funk, R&B, Motown, Pop and Hip Hop classics. More info on band sizes and performance options below.
- Unlimited phone calls and emails
- Free tickets to our shows so you can experience the Phonix before you book
- Consultation to discuss your event logistics, timeline and music requests
- Site visit and walk through to discuss your vision, entertainment, sound system and lighting needs (within greater Vancouver)
- Communication with your venue representative
- 7-day prior follow up to confirm all details and logistics
- Help with planning and sourcing sound system needs for cocktails, dinner or any other part of the day
What happens on the big day?
- We arrive to setup roughly 3 hours before guest arrival (or earlier if need be)
- We will be finisehd setup 30-60 minutes before guests arrive
- We can arrange to play pre-recorded music on our sound system as guests arrive. We can provide playlists if you need
- Yes, you can use our sound system for speeches and dinner music, no extra charge. Our technician will happily man the dials to adjust background music volume as your speeches happen
- We kindly request that you provide a dinner for us and our technician roughly 60-90 minutes before our first set (applicable to evening performances)
- We perform your first dance then continue performing based on your desired schedule
- Typically, our packages include 3 x 50 minute sets of music with 15-20 minute breaks in between, all within a 4-hour window. We are flexible with our set and break times, and can adjust to your schedule.
- Yes, we can provide pre-recorded dance music to play through the sound system while we take breaks
- Yes, we can take on-site music requests - if you’d like to hear a song we don't play, we’ll find a recording and play it through the system
- We will happily continue playing music through our sound system for up to 30 minutes after our performance, for no extra charge. Keep the mood alive as your guests leave
- Once everyone is gone, we'll pack up and load out our equipment in about 30-60 minutes.
“The Phonix was great to work with - from the first email to the final song they played. The band was happy to tailor their entire set list and set times to meet our needs...even during the event. Their set went off so well that we even had competing companies in our industry ask about how we were able to hire such a great band. Really, I can't say enough good things about the band. In an age where it is easy to create websites and social media pages that promise big things, it is very rare to find a group of performers that surpass the hype. The Phonix did it....believe everything you read!”
- GORE MUTUAL
Our Event Entertainment Services
How to navigate our event services:
Our flagship band is our 9-piece Dance Band. This size band is what it takes to most accurately and authentically reproduce the old school music that we specialize in. Party planners love our 9-piece band for the incredible 3-piece brass section (trumpet, tenor sax and baritone sax), two soulful lead singers and punchy rhythm section.
We also offer a 7-piece version if you are facing budget or space constraints. This configuration is similar to the 9-piece, but does not include either of the saxophones.
Our 11-piece band is for you if you are looking to splurge! It's the 9-piece band with the addition of two more incredible singers. So much more interactive!
What will you need?
At the very least, most events require two of our services:
- A band
- Production (Sound and lighting system)
For transparency, we separate those two items in case you are looking to source your sound equipment and lighting from another vendor.
Be different. Add a unique twist to your event registration, lunch or coffee break with a skilled guitarist or pianist. One 60-minute set.
Nothing says "classy" like jazz. Piano, bass and light drums. 2 x 50-minute sets.
Any meal tastes better with live music. Sultry saxophone, piano, bass and light drums. 2 x 50-minute sets.
Less footprint, but just as much fun. Includes trumpet, two lead singers, piano, guitar, bass and drums. 3 x 50-minute sets in a 4-hour window.
A high-energy, interactive dance party. Includes our 3-piece horn section, two lead singers, guitar, piano, bass and drums. 3 x 50-minute sets in a 4-hour window.
The best funky dance party in town! Four lead singers, 3-piece horn section, piano, guitar, bass and drums. 3 x 50-minute sets in a 4-hour window.
A compact sound system and small lighting rig suitable for crowds as large as 60.
All the standard audio and lighting provisions to make us seen and heard in crowds of up to 300.
We work with you and your team to design a completely custom sound, lighting and AV package to meet your event needs. The sky is the limit and the price is right!