Rates & Services
You're getting married!
Congratulations on your engagement! We know how exciting it is to finally be planning your wedding. And we're so happy you are considering us for your wedding entertainment!
Please take brief moment to read and understand the following information so that you are aware of all the awesome perks that come with booking our band!
Hiring us for your wedding is easy:
- Contact us to check availability
- Choose your package and services
- Complete the contract and pay deposit
- We will send you a questionnaire to gather all your event details
- Once we get your answers, we'll prepare a contract and invoice
- You sign the contract and pay a 25-50% deposit. 25% for bookings in the GVRD and 50% for bookings outside the GVRD.
- Select songs and finalize performance times
- A couple months before the big day, we will send you our current song list for you to choose the songs you'd like us to play
- We'll turn your selections into perfect set lists that will keep your guests dancing all night
- Enjoy the party
That's pretty simple, right?
But what do you get when you hire The Phonix?
Your personalized services include:
- An incredible performance from our highly engaging band, performing all your favourite soul, funk, R&B, Motown, Pop and Hip Hop classics. More info on band sizes and performance options below. Check out our song list.
- Unlimited phone calls and emails
- Free tickets to our shows so you can experience the Phonix before you book
- Consultation to discuss your event logistics, timeline and music requests
- Site visit and walk through to discuss your vision, entertainment, sound system and lighting needs (within greater Vancouver)
- Communication with your venue representative
- Assistance with selecting your first dance song
- Follow up to finalize song list selections for your ceremony and dance
- 7-day prior follow up to confirm all details and logistics
- Help with planning and sourcing sound system needs for ceremony, cocktails or any other part of the day
- The band will learn one special request song (usually first dance)
- Preparation of custom set lists including your first dance and your personal repertoire selections from our existing song list
- Design, logistics and sourcing of custom sound and lighting package
What happens on the big day?
- We arrive to setup roughly 3 hours before guest arrival (or earlier if need be)
- We will be finisehd setup 30-60 minutes before guests arrive
- We can arrange to play pre-recorded music on our sound system as guests arrive. We can provide playlists if you need
- Yes, you can use our sound system for speeches and dinner music, no extra charge. Our technician will happily man the dials to adjust background music volume as your speeches happen
- We kindly request that you provide a dinner for us and our technician roughly 60-90 minutes before our first set
- We perform your first dance then continue performing based on your desired schedule
- Typically, our packages include 3 x 50 minute sets of music with 15-20 minute breaks in between, all within a 4-hour window. We are flexible with our set and break times, and can adjust to your schedule.
- Yes, we can provide pre-recorded dance music to play through the sound system while we take breaks
- Yes, we can take on-site music requests - if you’d like to hear a song we don't play, we’ll find a recording and play it through the system
- We will happily continue playing music through our sound system for up to 30 minutes after our performance, for no extra charge. Keep the mood alive as your guests leave
- Once everyone is gone, we'll pack up and load out our equipment in about 30-60 minutes.
"I just can't say enough about The Phonix, what an amazing band! The jazz music they started with was the perfect background to set the tone for dinner. Then when they kicked it up with vocals, wow!! What powerful singers! The kitchen couldn't even serve the dessert course because every single guest was up dancing! One of the senior servers told me she had never seen this happen before!"
- Alina & Joe, Newlyweds
Our Wedding Entertainment
Our flagship band is our 9-piece Dance Band. This size band is what it takes to most accurately and authentically reproduce the old school music that we specialize in. Wedding couples love our 9-piece band for the incredible 3-piece brass section (trumpet, tenor sax and baritone sax), two soulful lead singers and punchy rhythm section. Over our 9 years of performing, we have carefully curated a repertoire that will pack a serious punch for the dance floor and leave your guests talking about your party for years to come!
We also offer a 7-piece version if you are facing budget or space constraints. This configuration is similar to the 9-piece, but does not include either of the saxophones.
What's the cost?
We work tirelessly to put together and maintain a group of musicians that is more than just a bunch of people playing instruments. Due to our 9 years of performance experience and 7 years as a house band, our band members now have a unique chemistry that is the secret sauce in our recipe for a highly engaging, interactive and memorable show with a perfect flow and a polished look.